Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Well Said: Before we commit a sin ...

Before we commit a sin, Satan assures us that it is of no consequence; after we commit a sin, he persuades us that it is unforgivable.
Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
And there we have the Father of Lies' interference in our lives brilliantly summed up. What is worse, we know these things and we still listen. Or at least I do. I am very lucky that my conscience or guardian angel or the Holy Spirit are all there to whisper in my other ear, reminding me of reality.

And if I am very determined and allowed the grace to do so, I make my choices determined not by what I'd like, what would be easy, what I want ... but by that reality. Every time I do I'm the better for it. What gets me is why it never seems to get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment