Friday, October 3, 2014

Notice to my Catholic Women's Book Club - movie night is cancelled tonight


The windstorm left us without power. Movie night tonight is cancelled.

I'm piggybacking on Tom's iPad hotspot but will sign off after this post because power is dwindling.

I've gotta say these are the best circumstances ever for being without power that I've ever experienced. Good weather, water and gas hot water heater are working, and the outage is spotty enough that Tom could drive a few blocks to Starbucks for coffee and breakfast sandwiches this morning.

After having experienced many ice storm related power outages, in the countryside where you need electricity for a water pump, this is luxurious. It's like comfortable camping.

LIVE IN DALLAS? INTERESTED IN THE BOOK CLUB?
I've meant to issue this invitation again and this seems as good a time as any.

If you live in Dallas and are interested in the idea of a Catholic Women's Book Club, please check the link here. You can see past selections of nonfiction, fiction, and movies by checking the sidebar. Movies are a recent but popular addition.

One of my very best friends now was once a Happy Catholic reader who plucked up courage enough to begin attending even though she knew no one in the group. I'm so glad she did!

If you are interested and have questions please email me at julie [at] glyphnet [dot] com.

No comments:

Post a Comment