Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Worth a Thousand Words: Mademoiselle Huquier Holding a Cat

Jean-Baptiste Perronneau, Mademoiselle Huquier Holding a Cat, 1747
This is via Arts Everyday Living where there are many more cat paintings to be enjoyed. Different aspects of the feline personality were so well portrayed that I had a hard time choosing. Eventually I went with the playful nature of this young lady's pet.

I feel as if life with dogs is easier but I do occasionally miss having a cat around the house. However, even if my husband were amenable, our little white Kaylee would surely try to kill any cat we brought home. So for now I will just enjoy them in art.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the cat picture! It's a pity you can't have cats now. I'd recommend getting a cat with homicidal tendencies but that can kind of wreck your house.

    ReplyDelete