Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Sunday: Joyful, Joyful

Maurice Denis. Holy Women Near the Tomb/Saintes Femmes au tombeau. 1894
RAISED FROM THE DEAD
This is the great truth which fills our faith with meaning. Jesus, who died on the cross, has risen. He has triumphed over death; he has overcome sorrow, anguish and the power of darkness ... In him we find everything. Outside of him our life is empty (J. Escriva, Christ is passing by).
HE IS RISEN! ALLELUIA!
After the somber tone and reflection of Holy Thursday and Good Friday I can hardly wait to get to Mass to hear the joy and triumph of our Easter celebration.

May you all have the same delight and joy in your Easter celebrations both in church and at home.

WELCOME HOME!
To all the new Catholics around the world who are joining the Church this year, welcome home! This is my 14th birthday as a Catholic and well I remember how wonderful it was sitting with my sweet and wise sponsor, the smell of the chrism (I wanted to never wash it off), and that glorious Mass where it all happened. I will leave you with some funny but wise words from another convert. If you remember these, it will make the good times better and any disillusionment with the Church less.
First, the good news about the Catholic Church is: it's like a big family.

Second, the bad news about the Catholic Church is: it's like a big family.

5 comments:

  1. Tante Leonie4/4/10, 9:59 AM

    Happy Easter, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter (and happy 10th birthday!), Julie :)

    - Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to all ther happy Catholic readers...

    And Thanks Ms. Davis for all your help with my blog...

    I have never felt the hand of Christ touch me as at The Vigal of 2006 nad my daughter was born 9 months later! Is that odd or God.
    I say the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful painting!

    Happy Easter to you too, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 12 year anniversary! It's a joyous day indeed, Happy Easter to all!

    ReplyDelete