Thursday, December 5, 2013

Jesse Tree - Day 5: Abraham

Day 5 of our online Jesse Tree which is to help us prepare for Christ's coming by studying His roots and Salvation History.

My source for days and symbols is Catholic Culture.

Day 5: Abraham

Symbols: torch, sword, mountain

011.Abraham Goes to the Land of Canaan
Abraham Goes to the Land of Canaan, 1866, Gustave Doré [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
[1]Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.

[2] And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
[3] I will bless those who bless you, and him who curses you I will curse; and by you all the families of the earth shall bless themselves."

Abraham and the angels η φιλοξενία του Αβραάμ
Abraham and the Angels, By orthodox painter [FAL], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment