Monday, October 28, 2013

The Litany of the Counsel of the Saints X

Magnificat has this wonderful litany this month leading up to All Saints' Day. I thought it might be good to divide it up with a few every day so that I could reflect on them better. So I'm sharing it with y'all ... there will be a posting of part of this litany every day (when I remember) throughout October.
This litany is a meditation on what some of the saints have spoken or written. As we listen to these saints, we pray for a deeper personal participation in their sanctity. This litany represents only a small sampling of the vast communion of the saints. Feel free to add your favorites to it. One option is to sing the litany and its response.

R. (Saint's name), pray for us


Saint Philip Neri: "My Jesus, if you want me, cut the fetters that keep me from you." R

Saint Robert Southwell: "Jesus, possess my mind with your presence and ravish it with your love, that my delight may be to be embraced in the arms of your protection." R

Saint Maria Maddalena de' Pazzi: "Who doesn't know what God is, should apply to Mary. Who doesn't find mercy in God, should apply to Mary. Who doesn't have conformity of will, should apply to Mary." R 
Saint Francis de Sales: "We must fight our battle between fear and hope in the knowledge that hope is always the stronger because he who comes to our help is almighty." R

Saint Jane Frances de Chantal: "Oh, how happy is the soul that freely lets herself be molded to the liking of this divine Savior!" R

Saint Isaac Jogues: "My hope is in God, who needs not us to accomplish his designs. We must endeavor to be faithful to him." R

Saint Peter Claver: "Man's salvation and perfection consists in doing the will of God, which he must have in view in all things, and at every moment of their lives." R 
Saint Vincent de Paul: "But for divine grace in would be in temper hard and repellent, rough and crabbed." R

No comments:

Post a Comment