Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Litany of the Counsel of the Saints IV

Magnificat has this wonderful litany this month leading up to All Saints' Day. Just as in Octobers past, I thought it might be good to divide it up with a few every day so that I could reflect on them better. So I'm sharing it with y'all ... there will be a posting of part of this litany throughout October.
This litany is a meditation on what some of the saints have spoken or written. As we listen to these saints, we pray for a deeper personal participation in their sanctity. This litany represents only a small sampling of the vast communion of the saints. Feel free to add our favorites to it. One option is to sing the litany and its response.

R. (Saint's name), pray for us


Saint Irenaeus of Lyons: "The glory of God is man fully alive." R

Saint Agatha: "Lord Jesus Christ, you created me, you have watched over me from infancy, kept my body from defilement, preserved me from love of the world, made me able to withstand torture, and granted me the virtue of patience in the midst of torments." R

Saint Cyprian: "Our union with Christ unifies affections and wills." R

No comments:

Post a Comment