Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What Makes Me Plan to See a Movie Without Ever Reading a Review?

The powerful combination of director Edgar Wright and actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in The World's End. As well as the conclusion of the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy.

I recently was at a gathering where people were talking about planning to attend the midnight opening of Ender's Game. That all sounds very enjoyable in theory since I've never been one to care for the spectacle of midnight openings.

It did make me wonder what I'd consider exciting enough to make a special effort to see. Lo, the answer came to me in an email yesterday when Scott said The World's End was opening this weekend. The only question was how fast we could look up local theaters to plan the best time to see it.


2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! The World's End. Finally, the third flavor.

    Now I want ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, yes! Mint chocolate chip for me, please!

      Delete