Monday, August 19, 2013

The Tribute of the Sobbing Daughters-in-law

After the funeral, we were standing outside and three of the five Davis sons' wives were within view (of which I was one). Rose looked at all of us and said, "You know someone was a wonderful woman when her daughters-in-law are crying this hard for her."

We were sobbing and Rose was right. She was simply a wonderful woman. 

Many thanks to those who offered prayers for my mother-in-law, Mary Davis', soul and for the family.

4 comments:

  1. Julie, please give Tom my condolences. I know very well what this is like. I shall pray for her, and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Julie. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a truly amazing tribute to your mother-in-law; it sounds like the whole family was blessed by her and by one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She must have been a truly good woman. My sympathies and prayers.

    ReplyDelete