Thursday, October 11, 2012

Year of Faith: Professing the Creed


In his Apostolic Letter announcing the Year of Faith, Pope Benedict exhorts us to find a way to publicly profess the creed: “Religious communities as well as parish communities, and all ecclesial bodies old and new, are to find a way, during this Year, to make a public profession of the Credo.”
Melanie Bettanelli has begun a series meditating upon the creed. She's divided it into 47 pieces and invited a flock of bloggers to help. I myself will be chiming in very soon. Just click the pieces of the creed at The Wine Dark Sea to go to each post through the year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not chiming in until next summer so it will be interesting as it gets late in the game who is still in a faith froth. I chose a phrase very dear to my convert-clergy heart. Nope, not saying which. Look forward to reading your chime and all those of all the participants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I just chimed in before I stopped here. I'm looking forward to your thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete