Saturday, September 17, 2011

Talkin' About Happy Catholic on KDKA Radio, Sunday Evening

I will be talking with Father Ron Lengwin tomorrow evening about my book Happy Catholic.

Father Ron hosts Amplify, Sundays 9-11 p.m. (8-10 Central time) on NewsRadio 1020 KDKA. They also stream the show so you can get it if you're out of range.

I'm curious to hear some of Father Ron's favorite quotes and also talk about some new ones that I found since the book came out. We had quite a good time chatting during our brief conversation setting up the interview so I am really looking forward to it.

6 comments:

  1. Great job! I listened with my son till my computer battery died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was really nice of you to listen ... it is on rather late. It was fun talking to Father Ron. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the man. I'm glad you had a good time. Come back to Pittsburgh any time!

    It's cool to be on KDKA because it was the first-ever commercial radio station. Fr. Ron has actually been hosting his show for a goodly portion of those years of operation. He used to broadcast ALL NIGHT LONG on Christmas Eve, leaving the phone lines open, to minister to lonely people.

    As I said, I love the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a guy! You'd never know his age from talking with him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed hearing you on KDKA's Amplify with Fr. Ron 9-18-11. I'm from Pittsburgh now living in Arlington, Texas and rarely miss a show. I wanted to call in and say hello to you during the show, but couldn't find the phone number in time.
    I believe you will enjoy Pittsburgh as much as I love Texas (despite the record heat here this Summer)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Louise! Though I am in Dallas and don't know when I will ever be able to afford going to Pittsburgh, I've heard many wonderful things about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete