Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dear Tom!


He's so hard to shop for but at last I found this lovely doodle and piñatas are for birthdays, so it is perfect!

Tom has chosen not to have me make a cake, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because he loves profiteroles so much and never gets them. I have made them before and they are, believe it or not, very simple to make. However, in the interest of a busy weekend, we are lucky to have wonderful whipped-cream filled versions from the Central Market.


This photo is from Oui, Chef, where they are filled with ice cream, but he would tell us that whipped cream is equally as good, isn't it? Oui, chef!

Now I must go wrap gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Tante Léonie4/30/11, 2:31 PM

    Happy Birthday, Tom!

    I heartily applaud your birthday dessert choice; I love profiteroles too. Hope they taste as yummy as Julie's picture looks.

    ReplyDelete