Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lenten Listening ...

I was going to do a post about good podcasts to listen to during Lent and then realized that my Catholic Podcasts recommendations post from not that long ago is essentially that very thing.

I, personally, cannot praise highly enough the St. Irenaeus Ministries bible studies.

Also, for anyone who wants to hear Scott and me discuss what we're watching and reading during Lent, check out A Good Story Is Hard To Find. The sidebar has upcoming movies and books in case you trust us enough to keep up ... if not, don't worry because we give a clear spoilers alert before venturing into deep waters.

5 comments:

  1. I second the recommendation for the St. Irenaeus Ministries series. I'm working my way through John with it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Just listening to the most recent episode. (It might be the only time in my life that I've been caught up!)

    Really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been listening to the St. Irenaeus bible study also, but I was wondering if it is Roman Catholic or Orthodox?
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only up to the Last Supper, but I'll be caught up soon.

    According to their website, they are orthodox (small o) Catholics. They reference Benedict XVI and Chesterton a lot, so I think they're safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have listened to several of their studies over the last few years and haven't ever heard anything that wasn't trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete