Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Joke

Let no one say that Texans don't have a sense of humor! Thank you to the delightful Miss Cellania for this one (note: her site may have explicit language and subject matter).
A Texan farmer goes to Australia for a vacation. There he meets an Aussie farmer and gets talking.

The Aussie shows off his big wheat field and the Texan says, "Oh, we have wheat fields that are at least twice as large."

Then they walk around the ranch a little and the Aussie shows off his herd of cattle. The Texan immediately says, "We have longhorns that are at least twice as large as these."

The conversation has, meanwhile, almost died when the Texan sees a mob of kangaroos hopping through the field. He asks, "And what are those?"

The Aussie asks with an incredulous look.

"Don't you have any grasshoppers in Texas?"

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to share that one with my Texans; they'll enjoy it.
    Reminds me of the Texan who went to visit a Yankee (not sure why a Texan would ever want to do that ;) in New England.

    The Yankee takes the Texan for a walk around the farm, but the Texan is not impressed. "On my ranch, it takes all day just to drive all the way around."

    "Yep," said the Yankee. "Had a slow car like that once myself."

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I'll share it with my Australian friends... :-)

    ReplyDelete