Friday, January 14, 2011

Something I Like: RetroPets Art


Hannah was at a vet's pet event and picked up this poster for a dachshund loving pal. We were so taken by it that I investigated the RetroPets website and found a wealth of charming art, done by an artist who clearly understands the underlying characteristics for dog breeds. And cats. She also understands cats.

Anyone I knew who had a favorite breed (or who loves cats) got one of these posters. They are a standard size so it is easy to get a frame and ... voila! A delightful personalized gift. I must have given out at least ten of these. Every recipient was thrilled because the essence of their favorites was captured so well. As these few samples below will show. Be sure to check out the site.



6 comments:

  1. These are really cute and, you're right, they capture the essence of the animals. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUR will you go with this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groan. (Though I did laugh ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Julie... thank you SO much for posting about my "works of ARF" and for giving so many as gifts.

    I feel so blessed (and have so much fun!) doing what I do.

    And, since I'm a small company, we don't have money for advertising and I SO appreciate you spreading the word like this.

    You're the BEST!

    Krista
    Artist and Top Dog for Retro Pets

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have SAVED MY LIFE. We haven't gotten Christmas presents for my sister-in-law and her husband yet. These are PERFECT. We always end up getting them something really lame, but I know they will love these.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Krista and her Retro Pets! I'll pass it on.

    ReplyDelete