Thursday, January 20, 2011

Something I Like: Paperback Swap

Ironically, this is something that I think I mentioned years ago but never tried out for myself. It took Scott Danielson's repeated, enthusiastic endorsement to get me to try it out, which I did just a few days ago.

Paperback Swap's concept is simple. It is a free network where you can find and exchange books across the country ... free.
What our Book Club is all about...

We help avid readers Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free.
  • It's easy: List books you'd like to swap with other club members.
  • Once a book is requested, mail it to the club member. 
  • In return, you may choose from 4,943,576 available books!
- Books you request are mailed to you for free.
- No late fees. No hidden charges.
The only thing you pay for is the postage when you send out the books someone has requested from you. I was impressed to see that they even have a wrapper you can print out which has a complete address label that includes a postage estimate based on the weight of the book.

At this point I have evidently listed books which people have just been waiting for. In the last two days I have sent out about 11 books.

I plan on using the credits for times when Scott and I are reading a book I can't get at the library and to pick up some books I know people would like for gifts but that aren't in print any more. This is going to make honoring my book fast more difficult, but since this is the second year, I think I can handle it. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment