Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting to Know You ... Theocoid Up Close

We had a delightful dinner with Bill B. (a.k.a. Theocoid) last night. I think that he is among my oldest blogging acquaintances. So, naturally, I was thrilled that he was going to be in town for a meeting, giving us the chance to have an actual face-to-face discussion over some Tex-Mex.

It is always wonderful to meet someone with whom you "click" and Bill was one such person. He and Tom talked web code, formatting code, and the like. When the talk turned to Catholic podcasters we have in common (yes, Into the Deep, I'm lookin' at you ... I listened before they faded, Bill actually knows two of the guys) and other such faith-ish things then it was my turn to jabber. But we could all join in equally about kids, dogs, and life in general.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and we are hoping that Bill will have some other trips in the future so we can continue the conversation!

4 comments:

  1. And we didn't even get to novels, music, movies, football, or Benedict XVI. We still have so much to talk about. Grace and peace to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this...I hope that you are *smiling* when you are looking at us! :-) Sorry for the fade. I hope that someday we can begin again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "[Her] Eye is now straining towards us, blind almost to all else that is moving. So we must keep it. Therein lies all our hope."

    :-)

    ReplyDelete