Thursday, May 6, 2010

I wonder if something is wrong with me ...



I watched this video.

Tom sent it for work.

It is beautifully done. You should watch it too.

But the whole time I was watching the video say, "Maybe it means saying NO when everyone else is saying yes." or "Maybe it means saying YES when everyone else is saying no."

All I could think of is that I already have the book.


The one that is the start of a conversation ... that makes everything different.

It's not a manual.

It's not a how to.

Though I have one that helps me with that if I have questions.



But they both tell me how to be different.

By being fully alive. By being who I was created to be.

I'm still doing what I was before (mostly), but I have come alive.
Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Howard Thurman
So I watch a business book trailer and all I can think of is my faith.

Maybe something is wrong with me.

Or maybe I just already have been shown how to be ... different.

6 comments:

  1. Nothing at all wrong with you. Everything in the universe is about God anyway. You obviously get that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome, Julie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you hadn't said it (and I read it before I watched), I would have TOTALLY been thinking about my Faith. Letting go, too many choices, too much stuff, be different, go small...

    I'll bet they didn't know they were being Catholic, eh?

    I'm definitely sharing this. I kept thinking, "God is telling me something, and it's getting more and more obvious. He's gone past my 2x4 and picked up a 4x4."

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that "The Book" is turned open to the Song of Solomon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you...and no, not that something is wrong with you but rather your take.

    In this world, in this time in history, as in many time in history before and no doubt in many in the future, to be truly counter-cultural is to try and be a faithful member of His Church, His Body.

    ReplyDelete