Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness. I have been given permission to podcast Robert Alter's Genesis translation and commentary.

We authorize you to read Robert Alter's translation of Genesis on your podcast and grant you the non-exclusive right to do so on the condition that Robert Alter be identified as both the translator and author of the commentary and that the publisher, WW Norton, also be acknowledged.
Proof positive that if you don't make bold to ask, you don't know what you might be missing.

This is more than I dared hope for. Thank you so much to Robert Alter and his agent for their generous understanding of free podcasting ...

We are currently working our way through The Uninvited and it will be a bit before beginning Genesis. But it's gonna be a rip roaring, fascinating time when we do! This translation and commentary are really making the people in Genesis come alive for me as I read it in preparation.

4 comments:

  1. Tante Leonie1/25/10, 12:50 PM

    WooHoo! I'm so psyched about this, Julie!!!

    I really want to read this book and also his translation of the Psalms, but as I'm in the middle of unpacking from our move, there's no temptation for me to buy it.

    This podcast will be a great blessing and I look forward to it. Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to set it up and present it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you can get a preview. Not that I'll be beginning it for a while. I've got a sci-fi obligation to fulfill after The Uninvited. It's short but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can't wait! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the Genesis! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete