Monday, January 25, 2010

It suddenly occurred to me that "right" and "left" sock patterns means I'll have to pay attention to which foot I'm putting my socks on.

Guess what?

No way.

I have enough trouble just getting dressed in the morning without worrying about which lace pattern on the anklet "faces" the other one.

So the pattern for the "carnation" yarn in the Knit Picks booklet just got tons easier. Guess which pattern I'm not making? Whichever foot has the "sssk" part. (You know, the one I picked to begin with, naturally.) Yes, knitters, a triple slip and then knitting of  three stitches together. I'm tellin' ya, I was looking for a way to get out of that one. It is tortuous getting the left needle through the three stitches after slipping in order to knit them together.

Tortuous.

And I've got the finger-stabbing pain to prove it.

So "other foot" lace pattern, here I come! (By the way, that "toe up" thing is not too bad so far.)

3 comments:

  1. You certainly lost me with the knitting jargon, but I totally on the same page as you when it comes to NOT needing a left and a right sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is SO why I'm not a knitter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie has captured my thought exactly!
    Who knew there were left and right socks....

    ReplyDelete