Thursday, December 31, 2009

So I'm Betting I Won't Be Finishing Any More Books This Year ...

... which will put my yearly count for 2009 at 123. Funny how podcasting and blogging and other writing projects cut into one's reading time. I still have several reviews to get out (Mark Shea's Mary trilogy, Lorraine Murray's spiritual bio of Flannery O'Connor) which I am going to try to do in the next week, but that's really my problem and nothing that anyone else really cares about isn't it?

I began using GoodReads this year as an alternative to keeping a list by hand. My "2009" list is below:



Julie Davis's 2009 book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

My New Year's resolution in reading is to jot at least a line of comment for each book with current impressions as I'm reading or in summary since for me that is the most interesting part of looking at anyone's "read" list. I don't care so much if someone has read a book as I do about knowing what they thought of it. Clearly I've been remiss in that area. I always have a link in the sidebar showing what I'm reading currently.

My attempt to begin as I mean to go on may be found in my newly updated "reading list." Click through to see current comments on books I have cracked open at the moment (yes, all over the house so I'm never without reading material wherever I go ... except, now that I think of it, in the bathroom which is the more "traditional" place to have a little something for those extra few moments of seclusion.)


Julie Davis's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

2 comments:

  1. I use a Mac program called Bookpedia to manage my list.

    Since I will be only half way through a Dashell Hammett novel by the end of the day my yearly count will be 167. Never had read any of his novels before but got his five novels in one book for Christmas and am on the 4th of the five novels. Wow what a writer he was.

    I do love Bookpedia because it has a great wish list capability that lets me do all my book planning along with smart collections that let me see what I read by year. Your site makes me add stuff to the wish list all the time to get later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of that ... but am going to look for it. Thanks for the tip. :-)

    ReplyDelete