Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update from Missouri

Just a reminder that I'm in Springfield helping my Dad move into assisted living. The plan is for my mother to join him there in a few weeks (tedious details that I will not bore everyone with.)

My brother has already spent two weeks doing the heavy lifting. I already appreciated it but after just a couple of days here to overlap I COMPLETELY appreciate it!

Here's the fantastic thing y'all. I am getting to see just how much God loves and cares for my parents in the particulars of so much in this whole situation. Without going into details, every set-back is actually a detour so God can give them something better than they wanted ... in fact, to give them just what they needed, with ample adjustment time built in.

But wait there's more!

I am used to being able to talk about seeing God's plan and providence unfold with Tom and the girls, with my close Christian friends. But to be able to have my brother say what I am thinking before I get a chance to say it, to point out how God is working things out on this whole move ... well, that's a whole new bond in our relationship. I already love and respect my brother so much. To have this experience with him as we see God using every means possible to work His plan is humbling and amazing. (For those who don't know, my parents are atheists and we grew up with no faith in our household.)

So it's tiring but a good kind of tiring.

The practical effect on y'all is that I was able to get the Ash Wednesday/Lent posts ready ahead of time but posting will be much less frequent for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment