Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In My Mind's Eye ... Again

I got a wonderful email from a friend this morning in which she said that I had been in her thoughts and prayers lately. Perfect timing ... the Holy Spirit's looking out for us all the time and sometimes a wonderful friend reminds us of it.

She liked my response and asked if I was blogging it. So I will ... it is a little more detailed than y'all usually get but there is a nice kicker if you stick it out to the end, which was what she liked.
I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers because Tom has a kidney stone which is now becoming complicated with various other things like side effects to pain meds, etc. So I come to work, get what I can done, go home and push water on him, cook so as to not further impede an upset digestion, answer questions and make arrangements for the upcoming Beyond Cana retreat (thank heavens it is not THIS weekend). And pray. Surprisingly I do not worry too much because every time I start then I remember that no matter what earthly details we are going through God is there. In fact this morning on my prayer walk thinking about my father (whose increasingly failing health was described by his doctor as "on the edge") and his orneriness in ignoring God ... I suddenly had this "mind's eye" of Jesus putting his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes and saying softly, "I've got him Jules ... you just pray. He's mine." At the same time it was as if my guardian angel had his head down and wings out in a sort of walking prostration. (Hey, my imagination is nothing if not practical and YES Jesus was walking backwards with his sandals on over athletic socks ... it was COLD!). Comfort and laughter ... God's got it all ya know. :-)

I am not really overwhelmed although I know it sounds like it....
And I am not overwhelmed in large part because God has given us so much, beginning with Himself. (Not that I might not get kinda snippy sometimes, but that's a whole other issue. And anyway Lent is coming to help me focus on that sort of thing a bit more intensively...)

No comments:

Post a Comment