Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blame Jack Benny for My Broken "Lost" Resolution

Actually, blame PBS for their series Make 'Em Laugh for my missing Lost.

I have been taping the series and it was on directly opposite Lost. We have halfway converted over to digital tv, having put a DVR to use. However, the VCR is not connected as we need to get a little box for it. So I had one taping opportunity and I chose to go with the laughter.

Now whether I would have been so cavalier about missing Lost had I not known that they would be rerun on Saturday, I don't know. Let us hope I am not put to that test!

So I begin this season as I ended the last, already behind and trying to catch up ... while studiously averting my eyes from any articles about the show.

By the way, KERA showed Comedy in Bloom, a great documentary about Jack Benny, after the series last night. We wound up watching the whole thing and laughing out loud the whole time. Especially great was watching how many times Rose cracked up. I love to see that basic comedy still works. Jack Benny was one of the greatest. I still remember listening to the radio after he died as they played show after show in tribute. Like Rose, I cracked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment