Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday at the Movies

We're getting ready to hit the Magnolia Theater and see Slumdog Millionaire ... I've been really looking forward to this movie.

Twilight
I have not had any desire to watch Twilight ... not due to the vampires which I see that various folks are cringing at for many of the same reasons they cringed at Harry Potter (magic! gasp!). No, my reasons are due to cringing at bad writing and acting, according to all accounts. (I got enough bad writing listening to DarkFever, which was not written for little girls, by the way ...).

For those who, like me, do not cringe at the occasional explicit word, I refer you to Cleolinda's Movies in 15 Minutes where you will see an absolutely hilarious send up of the movie by someone who saw it. Here's a sample to get you in the mood. For this, one must know the context that the real reason vampires don't go out in the sunlight is that their skin sparkles and that would give them away. Bram Stoker is busy turning in his grave right now ...
EDWARD: I AM VAMPIRE. HEAR ME TWINKLE.

BELLA: Oh, wow, I spent like $60 at Sephora trying to get sparkle like that. What is that, Urban Decay?

EDWARD: NO!

BELLA: Oh, so it's a drugstore brand?

EDWARD: THIS IS THE SKIN OF A KILLER, BELLA!

BELLA: FINE. WHATEVER. But the lipstick, that's gotta be Cargo, right?

EDWARD: *FLOUNCE*
The Spirit
For something with a whole lotta style that has us interested at the moment, check out these trailers for The Spirit. Loved Frank Miller's style in 300 and I'd watch Sin City but the girls assure me that I'd hate the extreme violence in all except one segment. I bow to their judgment. I have high hopes for The Spirit though ...

No comments:

Post a Comment