Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blog Awards Time Rolls Round Again


I tend to focus more on the Catholic Blog Awards because, let's face it, Catholic blogs are where I live.

However, I see that this year's Weblog Awards have returned Best Religious Blog as a category.
Nominate your choice for Best Religious Blog. This is a return for a category that was dropped last year. Our objection was that most of the nominated bloggers were not primarily religious bloggers, but were usually mostly news and politics bloggers. We'll be watching the nomination pool this year to see if the religious blogger community is larger than it was two years ago.
I know that folks who swing by here know of lots of fantastic bloggers who are primarily religious. Let's go nominate them so that the category will be taken seriously and others can see what a resource is out there should they be interested in reading thoughtful religious commentary.

Also, I like this awards because they have categories that relate to the Technorati authority (size) and so even the smallest bloggers have their own category (Hidden Gem). Here's the overall category listing if you want to venture further afield. I have to say that I can't find movie blogs for a nomination I want to make ... even though they have so much variety that there is even a podcast category (hint, hint) ... that's got to be because I'm not reading carefully enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment