Saturday, August 30, 2008

Off the Map: There's a Couple of Hours I'll Never Get Back

Why take one hour to say what you could say in two, especially when one has so many gorgeous shots of New Mexico to scatter around?

For that matter, why say much at all? Why not just generously scatter some very quirky characters around, being sure not to add much depth to them, and then get some very talented actors to portray them?

I am not sure where I read the review that led to me putting Off the Map on my movie list but they've got some 'splainin' to do.

At least Schultze Gets the Blues and .... oh, that terribly depressing movie about the nursing home ... were rented on the strength of their trailers.

Recommendation: if you want to go to Taos and be wooed by the scenery, rent this movie. Otherwise, avoid at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment