Friday, June 20, 2008

ENFJ ... Again!

Prompted by the prayer based on personality types, my curiosity got the better of me and I took the Briggs-Meyers test.

ENFJ.

You know, I could have sworn that I took it before.

Turns out I did, three years ago ... also ENFJ. Not surprising.

The surprising thing was the differences in the percentages. Although it makes sense to me internally as I would have thought I'd have changed some in the last few years.

Perhaps, though, it is due to changed activities in the last three years. For instance, I have a feeling that the lessened "extroverted" score is because I am now involved in many more activities with lots of people ... so my answers to practically everything about spare time wound up involving reading a book or spending time at home.

2005
Extroverted 33%
Intuitive 38%
Feeling 25%
Judging 78%


2008
Extroverted 22%
Intuitive 62%
Feeling 12%
Judging 78%

Ah, but I see the judging is just as strong as ever! (Ahem ... sorry 'bout that y'all!)

I found this to be insightful as a general commentary on the ENFJ personality ... and this really spoke to me. It is a trait that I have noticed and that has annoyed me ... but it seems it is perhaps par for the course.
TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"

This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!

1 comment:

  1. Also an ENFJ. It has me to an absolute T. I know myself very well and my teacher knew that I knew hte result before it even came back. We were given the profiles and told pick ourselves. I did. Even had 3 of the 4 % perfect.
    I love being an ENFJ

    ReplyDelete