Monday, February 18, 2008

Beyond Cana: the Retreat

Much thanks to everyone who stopped and said a prayer for the Beyond Cana retreat.

Eight couples came in various stages of apprehension, excitement, or nerves. Eight couples left looking relaxed, happy, and glowingly in love.

What a privilege to help in such an endeavor. I know that this retreat brought special blessings to Tom and me in several ways. I know of some blessings that flowed also over others of our team ... and am sure there were many more I simply do not know about.

When we got home, Rose was there with a big hug and many whispers about her days while we were gone (while Tom slumbered on the couch ... my several-hour-nap came shortly thereafter). My usual entourage of two dogs and a cat were more determined and close behind me than ever.

The fridge is bare. I have a flat tire being fixed which I will pick up this afternoon.

And I am smiling anyway.

God was at work and we were allowed to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment