Monday, December 17, 2007

A Few Reactions to Frankenstein. Ok, Really Just One Reaction.

To the book, not any of the movies.

I'm listening along with CraftLit , about one episode behind. As Heather at points out, Young Frankenstein really is not a bad representation of the book at all, especially Gene Wilder's take on Frankenstein's character.

... what a SHALLOW IDIOT Frankenstein is!

First, when he said he was going to make his creation 8 feet tall, I was waiting for a reason to do this. Oh silly me, no reason. Just seemed like a good idea at the time I suppose.

THEN, when he is horrified at his creation because he's ugly. And what does he do? Goes off to take a nap!

Then Frankenstein comes back with a friend and is only HAPPY to find the monster gone? No thoughts about where he's gone, what he might be doing ... just worry that his friend might have seen him.

I'd like to give that guy a good slap!

Of course, this resonates all the more because I read this morning that scientists think they are on the verge of creating original DNA strands and inserting them in cells to see what happens. I think they all need to read Frankenstein first ...

No comments:

Post a Comment