Friday, July 6, 2007

First Friday Snuck Up on Me ...

... to the point where I was just getting ready to fix my breakfast when I suddenly remembered. I thought, "Why did I have to remember now? Why not after I ate?" (Yes, that is how lowdown I am about fasting...)

Well, duh. My Guardian Angel is there to take care of those very omissions. Thanks G!

Here's why the First Friday fast ...
... We are three bloggers who also live in the Dallas area. We are deeply committed to ending abortion in this country. To that end, we have committed ourselves to the following: On each First Friday for the next eleven months, we will fast and pray before the Blessed Sacrament for an end to abortion. This will culminate at the annual Dallas March for Life in January of 2008, where we will join our bishop and the faithful of this city in marching to the courthouse where Roe was originally argued.

We ask anyone reading these words to join us. Fast and pray with us each First Friday, no matter how far removed you are from Dallas. Spend some time in Eucharistic adoration, and implore Christ to end this curse. We especially ask other Dallas area bloggers and residents to join us, at least in spirit. If you would rather not fast, then pray for those of us that do. ...
Whole statement is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment