Friday, June 30, 2006

It Was Love at First Sight


We managed to pull off getting the new car last night. Officially it is a "crossover" vehicle but let's all just say what we know is true ... it's a station wagon. Just what I wanted and the car companies won't make (unless you are looking way above our price range into Lexus territory) because it doesn't have the right image.

Considering that our "youngest" car until yesterday was ten years old (with the van having been 12 and Tom's Honda being 16) having a new car is very exciting. Probably the biggest noticable difference is that it has a "variable transmission" so you never feel any shifting happening. I noticed I was subconciously tensing up every now and then, waiting for the shift. But it glides like butter!

Now I will be spending my time looking for parking places with no one on either side. Which should be good for increasing my walking every day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment