Saturday, June 17, 2006

I'm Finally Ready to Tackle Those Socks!


I have my yarn. Yes, it's for striped socks because I'm nothing if not foolhardy in taking up a challenging activity.


I have my new double pointed knitting needles.


And I have my wonderful step-by-step Knitting Socks Online Class all printed out and ready to follow.

Much thanks to Julie for sending me the link. Not only am I using this but I'm posting it specifically for two ladies in the yarn store who want to get started on socks too ... ladies, if you don't like the lessons go tell Julie all about it!

Now, here's my next question. I also want to knit an afghan for Hannah to have when she begins A&M (if I knit at my usual pace she'll have it just in time to graduate). However, no one has any maroon yarn. Lots of purples, lots of reds, but no maroons. Any tips? Of course, I may just wind up making one for Rose. Bishop Lynch colors are always in stock ... black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment