Tuesday, May 30, 2006

An Excellent Approach for a Common Question

One radio guy asked me, for the umpteenth time, "Don't tell me you take the Bible *literally*?"

Inspired by the Holy Spirit (I assume), it occurred to me to ask, "Which parts?"

He stared at me blankly, having no idea how to reply because, in point of fact, he did not know one frickin' thing about what is in the Bible.

"Do you mean the Psalms?" I pressed him. "Of course, I don't take them literally. They're poetry. Or do you mean I should not take it literally when it says that David hid from Saul in the cave of Adullam?"

He continued to stare blankly, then finally said, "Look, I don't know all that much about the Bible."

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT A BIT BEFORE ASKING THIS STUPID, IGNORANT SHOPWORN QUESTION?"
I am going to remember this because it works not only for clueless radio talk show hosts but also for total unbelievers.
Tags: , Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment