Thursday, May 25, 2006

About That Serving of Guilt ...

I have gotten some email about this post about guilt. I have also seen a few posts with ponderings generated by it.

This is all good and well except for the fact that, as far as I can tell, only a couple of people have done the requisite reading I requested to really understand what I was trying to communicate.

This is really important to me because without it we are all haring off using our own perceptions about the definition of guilt and that is part of the point of the post ... to understand it better.

So I am reposting the items that I was hoping people would read first ... if nothing else you are depriving yourselves of some excellent food for thought by skipping them.
  1. The Dangerous Prayer of Blessing by The Anchoress
  2. Shame, the Arab Psyche and Islam by Dr. Sanity
Because otherwise, y'all, I'm not gonna discuss that post. They are that important to understanding what I was attempting to say. (It doesn't mean that you can't disagree with me over what I wrote but without common ground on the background there is just no way to move ahead productively.)

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment