Friday, March 10, 2006

Another HC Film Festival On the Horizon

Yes, the girls are working musical crew for a last weekend and that means that we once again have the freedom to choose whatever we want. Woohoo!

Definitely on the plan are Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Can you believe I have never seen it? What a crime! Although I have seen the ending about a thousand times and the bicycle ride only slightly less I am still looking forward to it.

A nice double feature with that (thanks to Chris who works with us for the suggestion) is The Sting. I watched it long ago (yes, when it first came out at the movie theater ... and we're not gonna start counting backwards now). We're both wondering if we'll remember much of the plot, except once again I know the end, but don't care.

The third movie is more up in the air.
  • Mirror Mask. As a Neil Gaiman fan I've always been interested in this movie and after reading Jeffrey Overstreet's review am keenly interested.
  • Monsoon Wedding. I have seen this but can't remember exactly why it has an "R" rating, so would be screening it to see if the girls could watch it. Also, Tom just hasn't had enough Bollywood in his life (poor guy).
  • Shaolin Soccer. This would be the lightweight fun entry. 'Nuff said.
  • Love Actually. Recommended highly by Penni and also by Chris. They are different enough that this intrigues me highly. And as it has been recommended by a guy then possibly Tom would like it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment