Monday, February 6, 2006

Quick Reviews

Potshot by Robert Parker: One of the Spenser books, the tough guy detective with the heart of a poet. I have read these books for years but had gotten rather tired of the style and so not picked any up for a while. Beginning where I left off, I am finding these a source of light and constant entertainment.

Not Enough Horses by Les Roberts: This is from an earlier series than the Milan Jacovich books I've been reading. I found this Hollywood detective story to be rather predictable. Since I usually read along without trying to solve the mystery it is unusual that I pick up on the murderer and motive halfway through ... but that is what happened with this one. Stick with the Jacovich stories.

Cooking for the Week : Leisurely Weekend Cooking for Easy Weekday Meals: Reteaching us that principle we have forgotten or perhaps never learned at our mothers' knees ... cook a big meal that has the components of different menus throughout the week. This small book looks quite promising and I am going to be following a week's worth of advice to see how it works. We were pleasantly surprised with Caramelized Onions and Carrots this weekend so I am interested to see how the rest of the recipes go together.

These are #13, 14, and 15 of books read in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment