Friday, April 1, 2005

I Didn't Expect Tears to Spring to My Eyes...

... when I read this at BettNet
Update on the Pope

The latest information coming out right now says the Holy Father’s blood pressure is dropping, his breathing is getting shallow, his “cardio-vascular system has worsened.” His blood is being “poisoned” by the failures causing organ problems. It won’t be long now.

Dom also has a link to an article that he wrote about what happens when a pope dies.

Our dear Pope is old and frail. He has rendered faithful service long past when most ever would. He has been our good shepherd. I guess that is why I am crying right now. I have prayed for him to have a good death, whenever it finally would come. It is not as if this is unexpected by any means. But that reality is hitting me in the face right now and I am sorrowful beyond expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment